Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It was bound to happen...

Last night, I started a post called "Why do we fall in love?" But after a few sentences, I stopped writing and started thinking. The more I thought the more I realized that I don't know why we fall in love. I'm familiar with all the theories; I've read the books. The Jungian explanation works for me. But in modern global societies, the power balances between men and women have changed so radically that both seem perplexed at how we should relate to one another, going forward. Around me, I see a lot more pain and confusion than happiness and satisfaction. Many couples seem out of synch; many are breaking up. Many of us are alone, without a partner.

All of this, we know. Last night, for almost the first time since I started this blog, I felt I had nothing to say. I was blocked.

Another factor was that I remained so angry about FEMA that I wanted to leave that rant up top for as long as I could.

Every writer's fear is writer's block. It happens. When it does, I've learned, it means I'm just not ready yet. So, last night, I aborted my partial post and closed my laptop. Today, I have nothing additional to say about falling in love other than for whatever mysterious reasons, I've been wired to do so my entire life. It's one thing I know how to do, although it invariably gets me into serious trouble, time after time.

If I'm not falling in love, there's a good reason, the same one for writer's block.

I'm just not quite ready yet...


P.S. I finally "transplanted" my pumpkin plant to the back garden, but Julia had the idea that rather than removing it from its pot, where it looked so comfortable, we should bury the entire pot up to the surface level and encourage the plant to grow out of the pot if it chooses to. So that's what we did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»