Saturday, April 07, 2007

Who needs words?



A cracked Madonna, in my backyard. Tomorrow is Easter. If you are a Christian and a believer, may you be blessed!

If you are a child and an idealist, may you find lots of Easter eggs!



Tomorrow morning, somewhere around 4 a.m., eleven years ago, Mister Dylan Weir first made his appearance in this world. Why does he seem older than his biological age? Today, as we were walking over to his favorite burrito place, El Matate, he told me, "I don't really care what other people think of me."

Then, he told me about his friends at school, who often play games daring each other to do dangerous things. He told me which boys issue the dares, and which boys fall for them. He described for me how one boy ate a whole unripe lemon as part of one of these dares, and how that brave, if foolish, fellow proceeded to then throw up.

Then he repeated that he doesn't do these things because he knows they won't fix anything that those who do are trying to fix. At this point, I realized Dylan already sees that those who have to brag about how good they are at this or that are suffering from the awful disease of a lack of self=esteem.

Maybe this is why many of us consider Dylan to be an " old soul."




Meanwhile, an oft-ignored doll distinguished herself with gymnastics feats.



And, of course, my little athlete put on a show.



Swish!



It is spring.



And wild roses grow.



Meanwhile, here in the Mission, we work with the wood scraps left by builders nearby, making sculptures that tell stories only we can tell.

-30-

No comments: