Sunday, January 18, 2009

Numberings


A mind like mine is excited by the following things -- women, colors, music, trees, plants, water, and probably most of all by numbers.

So, it is time to take stock of the economic performances of this and its sister blogs, Sidewalk Images, and Seaglass. We have posted 1,866 columns to these three blogs over the past two-and-a-half years.

Thanks to you, dear visitors, we have been blessed by 42,958 visits (23 per post) and 827 clicks (1.9%) on the Google ads that support my work. These clicks have yielded $264.82 in revenue.

Therefore, the monetary value of my work is roughly 14 cents per post.

That number makes me very happy. I was born on the 14th day of the 4th month in the second year following the end of WW2, i.e., in the second wave of the Baby Boomers.

For that reason, if I could earn $0.14 for every one of my posts going forward, I would be a happy writer. I'll be poor but the numerical Gods will be in order.

Thank you!

-30-

No comments: