Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Open Letter to Anthem Blue Cross: I Hate You!

There should be a law against this: I was laid off in January, applied for Cobra (continuing health insurance coverage) within the specified time limit, and have received nothing but an endless runaround.

Today, calling for clarification, your customer services reps placed me on hold, then transferred me, not once but three times. After 45 minutes, a person announced cheerfully that she had found the right place to route my call:

An automated voice then stated: "This member policy is no longer available. This call will now be terminated."

And it was.

Is there any actual human? Can anyone even conceive of treating another person this way?

I may be just a single individual, quite powerless, quite easily subjected to this kind of abuse, from your perspective.

But I've got news for you, Anthem Blue Cross. I will find an appropriate, thoroughly legal, but effective way to extract my revenge from you. What is a company but a collection of individuals?

You've just gotten at least one old investigative reporter very angry -- never a good thing. Watch your backs.

-30-

P.S. All will be forgiven if you just issue me the damned Cobra coverage I am due under the law.

No comments: