Saturday, May 02, 2009

All That Matters



In my confusion, having trouble finding my way, one thing anchors me, and that is witnessing my children as they work their way, each at his or her own stage, through this troubling and confusing game of life.

My 14-year-old is an athlete of uncommon grace and skill. On the soccer pitch, he has emerged as a force to be reckoned with.



Today was one of his days. He played brilliantly, and as I watched him, all of my other concerns evaporated. Forget about this problem and forget about that! Screw that jerk who treated me so unkindly! Fuck that idiot who tried to take advantage of me! Who cares about the one who treats me as if I am a creep when the truth is I am a sweetie pie, always have been, always will be.

All I do, in the end, is love others; it is their problem when they cannot let that in! But I do keep a soft spot for each of those who truly love me even if they can't quite currently say it. Toward all of these very special souls, I bear absolutely no amimus. I'll wait for each of you as long as you wait for me.

Meanwhile, who cares about money, and who cares about "success"? What are these anyway but empty concepts, created, no doubt, by those with so much emptiness inside that a big, sloppy, sharing, caring mess of a man is an easy target for their twisted desire to score a takedown.

Enjoy!



No, tonight I am envying no man, desiring no woman, not aspiring or even willing to trade places with anyone else on this precious planet. Because today I got to walk aside my son after he and his 'mates utterly and oh so artistically demolished their opponent.

In soccer, winning is sweet. In life, sadly, all is only bittersweet meaninglessness.

-30-

No comments: