Saturday, August 15, 2009

Remembering a Grandma


Not long before she passed away six years ago, my younger kids and I visited her in Michigan. A few photos from that visit showed up suddenly today, slipping out of one of the giant piles I maintain, but seldom peruse.

Forgive me. I cried. These were tears of mixed emotions. I'm sad that my kids do not have their Grandma to visit, talk to, write to, text with, Tweet about, or befriend on Facebook. But I also am so happy and grateful we made that trip, which was the last time I saw my Mom until she was lying on her death bed, a little over a month later.

The photos are a reminder that we are only here for a heartbeat. We all have to remember to enjoy it while we can.

-30-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that reminder. Time is, indeed, precious.