Saturday, December 05, 2009

Blogging for B&N



I've posted to various blogs over the years. Recently, Barnes & Noble asked me to write a post about the move from physical to digital books.

Here is the result.

The best part about blogging is when you get comments. In that spirit, I want to thank those who comment at this blog. This is, of course, a relatively obscure blog, with somewhere around 50-100 visitors a day.

B&N, by contrast, is obviously a major platform, and therefore dozens of people posted comments behind my piece there.

Please visit the link, and if you so choose, add a comment!

Thanks.

-30-

4 comments:

Anjuli said...

Read the post on the Barnes & Noble site- it was a wonderful piece! I've been teetering back and forth on the e-book idea...and as Agrippa once said, "you almost persuade me..."

David Weir said...

Yeah, I am holding off for now, waiting for a better price on a better device, but sometime over the coming year I bet I will begin, tentatively, to move in the digital direction.

Anonymous said...

Really great post, David. It's a quite serious question you pose. I joined just so I could post a response. It's a huge transition. One that I'm not able to make until I can solve my problem of being able to highlight as I read. I'm going to keep thinking about it. I gave away most of my books -- the ones that weren't important to me. This probably leaves me with around 50. As many of my books were written by authors that I know, it would be like giving away my friends. I don't think so. But the environmental reality -- that's the bottom line for me, so I will need to adjust my thinking somewhere in the future. Great post. And I, too, have some books that I consider in the same way -- I haven't yet read them, but will when I get there. Tamara

Anjuli said...

back to this post- because I'm really leaning towards an electronic reading device- I just don't know!! ugh!!

I'm still a person who carries on my day planner (an actual book which I jot down my schedule in)- when I pulled it out at a recent meeting-- the man next to me said, "What is that????!!!??" as he held his fancy electronic gismo which could do everything from reminding him of meetings to blowing his nose....I looked over and said, "it's my old fashioned PDA" :