Monday, October 03, 2011

Rainy Monday; Why Hugging Matters




No happy story this time around. My daughter competed but did not do well in the rain in this race in the shadow of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Still, I'm proud of her. She competes. She cares about her teammates. She doesn't always do well in these races, and today she felt pretty bad about her performance. And I did too, but only because she did.

On a tough field, in the rain, she didn't meet her own objectives, but does that matter?

Not to me, her Dad. because this 12-year-old girl gives the best hugs any father has ever received.

And that matters a hell of lot more than where she finishes in a mere race. But still, I know, this was a very tough day for her. So tomorrow I will give her a very big hug back.

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

It is never easy when races go wrong- so glad she has a great dad to give her a hug...that is what she will remember forever!