Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Smiles of the Future


If a relatively long life has taught me anything, it's that when you are having a bad day, hold on and see what tomorrow brings. This can be applied in a longer time context.

If you are having a bad week, month or year, hold on. Things may well get better soon.

Today was a day of rest for me. Nothing much has been going well in the "professional" realm lately, nor in the "personal" realm. I suppose you could say I had become a bit depressed.

What I decided to do about this was visit my nearest grandchildren, just across the Bay, a lovely blue-eyed 3-year-old and an equally lovely brown-eyed 1-year-old.


They didn't disappoint. Their smiles lit up my day and their stories helped me remember my own.


As we got home from the park, I noticed these fresh green leaves on a tree nearby. Spring. New life. Hope.

Don't ever give up. Look into the faces of young children to see what the future holds...

-30-

No comments: