Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Day in a Life

This blog is turning into a journal, which is a substitution for writing a memoir. I apologize for that. I promise to get back to memoir-writing once things seem to get better -- if they get better.

Then again, maybe this is as good as it gets. Not knowing the good things yet to come any more than the bad. Not knowing anything.

We never know anything about the future.

What we do know is now. And quite honestly, that's all I can handle anyway.

Today meant driving to the east bay to water my daughter's garden, while she is out of town. I did it, but it was lonely being there without her and her wonderful kids.

Deer have apparently been chewing down many of the plants she has placed in the soil, so we have a problem. What to do about the deer?

The subway system, which hereabouts is called Bart, was down, and the traffic back to the city from there was horrible -- a parking lot from El Cerrito to the toll plaza on the Bay Bridge,

So I headed west, to Marin, crossing two bridges and past the part of Marin where my older kids grew up. I glanced right to view Tam Valley for a second as I passed heading south.

Back in the city, I took my youngest son to a doctor appointment. Later, a friend who is tutoring my oldest son and I checked out, with him, an online math learning program.

Our hope is that we may better prepare him an his younger brother for their tough courses starting up all too soon, when fall arrives.

But this is still summer.

This weekend, my soccer star plays in the National Cup. More on that soon.

-30-

No comments: