Friday, March 01, 2013

Plums Start

The past few days, spring has arrived here. A long stretch of cold weather gave way to the kind of sun and warmth that brings out the blossoms on fruit trees and the wildflowers on the hills. Spring training has begun in baseball; house sales will probably start picking up.

Wild animals herd their newly born, Homeless people appear back on our corners, as the emergency shelters close.

The mornings arrive earlier; the nights start later.

***

I continue to meet entrepreneurs every week. Their energy and passion for what they do amazes me. They face so many obstacles to have any hope of success.

I wish their approach would prove contagious -- I'd like to catch the virus from them. What holds any of us back from taking big risks and seeking big rewards?

That is the question facing me this spring of extreme discontent.

My wish? That by the time the plums arrive I will have developed to a new level and pushed myself to be more like them
-30-

No comments: