Monday, May 27, 2013

Every Day's a Work Day

It's a big week upcoming -- end of the school year and two graduations. Today, a holiday, the kids and I had brunch at one of our favorite neighborhood spots. I love the way the three of them get along with one another -- joking, competing, insulting but ultimately laughing together -- throughout our meal.

It's a freezing day (relatively speaking) here in foggy SF, a day when we rightly honor our armed forces members and veterans.

It's also a day for the 8th grade barbecue out at Ocean Beach tonight and a day for movies for the boys. It's just another work day for me, the blogger, as my 7x7 posts routinely appear on Tuesdays and Thursdays, meaning I have to write them on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I noticed a few gray hairs in my 17-year-old son's red hair today -- first time I've seen them but he says he has "a lot." Our hair does turn gray early in the Weir family, but this seems earlier than usual to me...

He has one more final exam -- math, ugh. Then he'll move on to his senior year next fall. His slightly older brother has already been told he has graduated officially; he's passed all his classes and is a high school graduate now.

Tonight the Detroit Red Wings play in a Stanley Cup playoff game. Can't help thinking about my late father and how much he loved watching these games. I'll watch and root for him, now I'm officially off-duty as a blogger...

-30-

No comments: