Monday, July 29, 2013

Two more days...

...as a "free" man. Soon I will go to work every day like most working people in this country. The magnitude of the change probably has not yet hit me. By my age, my own father was retired and enjoying his passions, including travel, golf and fishing.

I've long understood that I will probably never be retired. Lots of reasons for that, including my life choices, mistakes, and the city I choose to live in.

Luckily, I don't really have many passions that I cannot access through my work -- I love to write, research, read, think, edit and strategize.

In the right position in the right company, I can indulge all of those passions.

The only sadness I feel at leaving my life as a freelance consultant and blogger is deeply personal. I will no longer be able to hang out with my children and grandchildren anywhere near as much as I have the past few years.

No comments: