Monday, November 11, 2013

Here and there

 My grandson Luca raising his hand after his soccer team's final game of the season this weekend. He scored a goal.
This is a mural on Bryant Street near my house. It reminds me of tourists in the tropics. My thoughts tonight are with the people in the Philippines, after the storm, and that's why I am posting this here.

***

My two youngest sons, Aidan's GF, Zaira, and I went to see the film "Captain Phillips" today.

Wow. I highly recommend it. What is its message? Don't mess with the USA. I don't know how I feel about that message, given that I am also reading "David and Goliath."

But for now, I'd say, this film does an honest job of conveying the situation, circa a few years ago, should those of us who are over-privileged might find ourselves at the mercy of the global under-privileged.

In that event, the message is clear: Don't mess with the Navy Seals.
-30-

No comments: