Saturday, September 06, 2014

Saturday Here and There

Julia and I went shopping at Ross and found new shoes and boots for her. Now she is taking her pet rats to get their first checkups.

Out in Missoula, here is Dylan wearing the colors of his college team, which has their first home football game today.

Though I am not an uncritical fan of football, because I do not like the violence, there is nothing quite like the campus spirit shared on football Saturdays. I remember this from my years at another U-M, and I'm happy for my sons and Zaira to experience it for the first time today.

But today's events also epitomize the difference of what you end up doing with your daughters, as opposed to your sons.

I'd like to imagine a world where gender differences didn't matter, but I'm not sure that day will, or actually should, ever come.

For me, I get as much pleasure shopping with my daughters as watching sports with my sons. Mostly, it's how they react -- their smiles. That's all I care about.

-30-

No comments: