Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Time to End This?

I am truly not sure this blog is serving any real purpose any longer. There was a time it was infused with energy. I thought I had found away to communicate through my own personal lens about issues and dilemmas that touch all of us.

But I was a lot younger then than I am now. And my energy, to be frank, is waning. It is hard to muster the strength to write anything of any interest beyond my own family. My focus is inward, not outward.

I am working in a very demanding job. Actually, I have the equivalent of three jobs. Physically, it is proving hard to hold up.

Truly, at this point, the most rewarding moments of life are the little things. Very small and personal and inside the family. I do not think sharing them is likely to be useful to anyone reading this words.

I am old beyond my age. My body hurts in more ways than I would ever admit. My mind wanders. If this were a public blog, which it is not, the world would deserve better.

The very, very few of you who read this crap deserve better. I just feel too old, too ill and too exhausted by my day job to continue this blog.

I think it is time to sign off. I've tried to do this before, but I think this is finally the year. I've been publishing for 49 years, come January.

Maybe enough is enough.

No comments: