Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Killing Messengers

It is tragic that so many wonderful satirists and journalists were slaughtered by primitive evangelists today in France. That the killers were self-declared Muslims is one thing, but they could have been any other kind of religious extremists through the ages, especially Christians.

This is why I want nothing to do with any religious beliefs. Nothing. As a journalist, I have slowly come to hate primitive human religions, all of them.

I love truth, honesty, decency, kindness, goodness in all forms. I care about people -- all people.

Religion is a divisive force. It is always us vs. them.

For me, there is no god. There never was, is not and never will be.

*That* is my belief system. My pleas to all you who consider yourself "religious" is a simple one. Stop trying to convert others and stop killing people in your god's name. That might be a good start to living a spiritual life.

-30-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I couldn't agree more. Tamara