Thursday, May 07, 2015

Shoe Shopping With Daughter and Deli Lunch With Friends

Last night I left work early, drove to Bernal, picked up my 16-year-old, drove to Daly City and we went shoe shopping. After that (successful) outing we grabbed food at one of her favorites, Whizburger, near my house.

Today seven of my colleagues and I walked to a cafe called Salumeria for lunch. It is one of the places I used to hang out at back in my blogging days -- often meeting entrepreneurs there for lunch or coffee. As a team, we've been going out together more often, which adds a pleasant new dimension to work.

Tonight, at home, I'm pleased to report that of my two fantasy baseball teams, which collectively represent a major focus for me, one is in first place (out of 12 teams) and one is in 4th (out of 14). Since I love stats and I love baseball, pretty much equally, this is as close to mathematical nirvana as I am likely to achieve, unless, of course, both teams could achieve first.

I'm trying to strike a balance between my real life and my virtual life, which means slightly more blogging these days. I'm also watching old movies some nights -- last night I viewed a bit of Rollover, my one Hollywood success. I've kept it out and will watch some more some night soon.

(It is a long movie.)

-30-

No comments: