Thursday, July 09, 2015

Adventure Time

Today I used my lunch hour to take my youngest shopping for clothes and supplies for her upcoming two-week adventure at the Grand Canyon. We got what she needed via a combination of a brick-n-mortar store (REI) and my Amazon Prime account.

She leaves early Saturday for Phoenix and then the bus ride to the place where they will go down into the canyon. She is part of a non-profit program that helps sight-impaired youth have experiences they might otherwise never have, in this case a long rafting trip down the Colorado River.

I've visited the canyon twice and it is one of the most memorable sights (obviously) anyone could ever hope to see. I'm excited for Julia and can't wait to hear her stories/see her pictures when she returns.

One of our purchases today was a waterproof camera.

-30-

No comments: