Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Happy Holiday Everyone

Well, the second half of the year has arrived. Yesterday, my youngest walked to my office after her day working as a volunteer counselor at the SPCA, which is about four blocks from my office. I reintroduced her to many staff members, no doubt embarrassing her in the process.

I wonder whether our children understand why we are so proud of them? I hope they do not think it is about us, their parents.

Speaking for myself, as the father of six children and six grandchildren, what has always amazed me is the genetic diversity in our family. All 12 of them are unique human beings, with different appearances, proclivities and interests.

Since I love math, that tells me that the random human outcomes of reproduction are vast. Every person is unique and special -- a true individual.

If that is a validation of the American cultural ideal so be it!

Happy Birthday, country!

-30-

No comments: