Friday, October 16, 2015

Weekending Happily

So Aidan found a car with the help of his friend who knows about cars and his girlfriend. He bought it, and he got an insurance policy. This feels like one of those growing up moments for him. Cars are definitely cheaper in Missoula than out here.

Dylan's still searching for a job; no luck so far. he is reading tons of books, including Faulkner's Light in August, which has always been among my favorite American novels. It can be a tough read, but captures much of what life was like in the South 83 years ago.

Julia turns 17 soon. We are planning a family dinner or lunch up in Napa to celebrate. She seems to be loving her life up there, texting me today that she was going out for coffee with a friend.

At work, the online news group I supervise is thriving. Traffic is strong and many of the stories we produce are significant in the sense that most other media outlets around here don't cover them.

It's the weekend -- a time for me to breathe and sleep in a bit. Irony is I usually wake up early on days I don't have to. I wonder why that is?

At this hour, the boys are playing video games via their xboxes here and there. I'm watching baseball, even though my team is out of it.  The final four teams in the race for the World Series include one in New York (the Mets), Toronto (the Blue Jays), Chicago (the Cubs!), and New York (the Mets!)

-30-

No comments: