Monday, March 14, 2016

Another 'Super Tuesday'

It looks like Trump will win Florida, ending Rubio's hopes, but who knows whether the polls are accurate. It also appears that Kasich will win Ohio. Depending how Cruz does overall, we still could be looking at an open convention in Cleveland, therefore.

I think Clinton will probably do well enough to further reduce Sanders' chances going forward, but he has enough delegates and money to stay in the race, regardless. Given the appeal Bernie has with young voters (including my 19 and 21 year old sons), I can envision a Clinton-Sanders ticket in November.

The Democrats may need whatever excitement they can generate to stop Trump. If the GOP cannot stop him from being the nominee, I'm afraid this country may not be able to do so, either.

And I think a President Trump would be a very dangerous outcome for the U.S. and the world.

But, hey, I'm open to being persuading otherwise...As I have written before, Trump is likely like Reagan -- a pretend conservative who will act as an actual liberal once in power. If so, his election wouldn't change much of anything whatsoever.

Plus, Presidents do not have anywhere near as much power as people think.

-30-

No comments: