Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday Bounty

The two plums in the front come from our backyard tree; the rest from the grocery store. I love fruits and vegetables; have all my life. Later today I will probably cook an orange bell pepper, and some baby bok chow.

My friend Tomoko visited this morning and told me that many people saute bok chow so I will probably try that for both vegetables. I also have a bunch of big red radishes, which I will lightly salt and eat raw on the side.

Radishes remind me of gardening with my Dad in Bay City as a kid. Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Aidan and Dylan cane over Thursday night and we watched the (disappointing) Warriors game together. Now it comes down to Game 7 tomorrow night, which I will probably watch alone.

Laila and kids plan to come over and celebrate Father's Day (and Grandfather's Day) next Thursday night.  The boys are usually off work on Thursdays, so hopefully they can come too.

Julia is due back from Camp Mather with her Mom and friend Marisol later today after a week's camping trip.

-30-

No comments: