Saturday, February 17, 2018

What Makes My Day

First of all, what is going on at work is driving me crazy. Bad management from above is making me feel defensive, ruining my morale, and making me dread going to the office.

By contrast, my interactions with the 20+ people who I work closely with are wonderful. We are growing our online audience at the annual rate of 45% and our TV ratings are strong. I love working with our most ambitious reporters on investigative projects.

But it is the little thing in any one day that means much more. Yesterday it was  a brief visit from my youngest son, Dylan, and his friend, Lindsay. We met maybe for five minutes outside of KQED as I handed him a piece of mail. He gave me two hugs. She gave me a smile.

That little exchange made my day -- and my week.

-30-

No comments: