Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Rocket Man?


This will be a short post. Surgery apparently successful; now recovering. Will try to write longer entries again soon. 

Here's some curated news:

** ‘Here We Go Again’: A Second Virus Wave Grips Spain -- The coronavirus is spreading much faster in Spain than anywhere else in Europe. After a relative lull during the summer, experts fear it signals a new surge across the continent. (New York Times)

* 
Cornered, Trump tries to foment a race war (Washington Post)

* Trump isn’t calling for unity. He’s stoking rage. (Washington Post)

* Trump spouted numerous baseless conspiracy theories and attacked Black Lives Matter protesters while claiming his own supporters are peaceful demonstrators during a lengthy interview with Fox News. [HuffPost]

* Upper Midwest emerges as most crucial Biden-Trump battleground--Both candidates are escalating their attention on an area seen as the most important region of the country in deciding November’s election. (Washington Post)

* San Francisco’s Chinatown has been hit hard by the pandemic, but there’s hope in seeing how it has weathered a shrinking economy and xenophobia in the past. [San Francisco Chronicle]

* in a decidedly non-baseball-type score, the San Francisco Giants beat the Colorado Rockies, 23-5 last night. (DW)

* A man flying a jetpack was reported by pilots 3,000 feet above Los Angeles (CNN)

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine AM
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

-- Elton John

No comments: