Friday, January 26, 2007

Come Post With Me

It's rather rare in my experience to have the chance to include people I care about in a financial opportunity before the train leaves the station. That said, all the caveats need to be stated. This may or may not succeed. You may or may not make money. There are more uncertainties than if I were offering you a seat on a rocket to the moon.

On the other hand, the risk is zero.

If you have access to a blog or any kind of website, you can now add a dynamic (ever-changing) content block that will display headlines (and story abstracts if you wish) that link to articles in magazines like The Atlantic or Psychology Today, and newspapers like the Philadelphia Inquirer or the Miami Herald.

Please follow this link for a demonstration of a SmartMatch content block:
David's Daily Updates .

***

It is very exciting for me to finally deliver on a promise I originally made in this space -- that I would provide an exploration of that place where the personal meets the professional and the political.

These SmartMatch content blocks, once you add them to your website, automatically update every day. If you are not satisfied with the results, simply go back to KeepMedia.com and adjust your topic selections.

Why do I think this is revolutionary?

Because up until now, most opportunities for small-time entrepreneurs depended on their visitors' willingness to click on advertising links.

Take this blog of mine, for example. I have published 397 entries, including this one, adding up to perhaps a quarter of a million words plus around 500 original photographs. My earnings on this work to date amount to around $180, much of which has yet to be paid.

That comes to about 1.3 cents per word and nothing for the photos. Mind you, I am not complaining. But a modest blogger like me will never be able to support himself by doing this work because the only money we make is when somebody chooses to click on an advertising link.

(Note to the Google Police: I am in no way here asking or advocating that any individual visitor click on any ad on my blog. I do not control the display of these ads, or the behavior of my visitors.)

No, I am simply explaining that nobody in his or her right mind would ever do this for the money. It is so far below the minimum wage as to be laughable.

Compared to the advertising opportunity, think about the content opportunity. Many more people will be interested, I suspect, in reading an interesting story than checking out an ad.

The truth will be apparent soon enough. My point tonight, for loyal readers of my blog, is to let you in on the opportunity at the very moment it has emerged. Please consider adding one of these content blocks to your site or a site you have access to.

It may just be the best little decision you've made lately!

***

On to more important topics: Children's natural love for babies.

Here are two new uncles and one new aunt with their new little nephew.




Here in San Francisco, it's a bit chilly again and sort of rainy. Aidan is out at a movie with his first best friend from infancy, Alice. Dylan is out at a hockey game with his friend Robbie. Julia and I are here at home, watching our kinds of movies.

It looks like both Julia and Dylan are well on the way to becoming vegetarians. My friends like Julia Butterfly Hill will be happy.

Aidan, like me, likes all kinds of foods too much to restrict himself. I am increasingly focused on food, which is a main reason I am growing a potbelly that I wish did not exist.

On the other hand, since I am not in a dating mood, and not trying to meet anyone, who cares? Maybe this blog will soon include recipes, just in case anyone out there cares about foods the way I do.

***

My car sort of broke down today. That's one of my worst fears, since becoming single. What happens when my car dies? Luckily, I have friends.

Thank you, Mark.

-30-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I flipped over to the link on the jan. 26 2007 entry but could not understand the content there. Did someone else grab this while you were not looking?

David Weir said...

Nope it's me and it was authentic. This is when I worked at the company and I was proud of the project. It never took off, however, although I did...