Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Morning After.1



So, after every sleepover, there comes the next morning, sooner than after a normal's night sleep. Here, our morning started at around 4 when one of our guests wanted to phone her Mom. I suggested we wait a few hours, until her mother would be awake, and she agreed. At this point, apparently, all three girls got into the same bed and started an extended giggling session.




All I know is I checked outside their door from time to time and they seemed to be asleep. Once morning officially arrived, they all had cereal, milk and tea. And then, they danced.



Hip Hop. We also baked cookies.



By mid-morning, everyone had gone home and I was able to eat my breakfast, which consisted of miso soup composed partly of the leftover ingredients of sourgrass salad.



It's that time of year again, when the need to gather and organize tax records looms on an ever-closer horizon.



Each year's documentation seems to require an entire box. Then, you have to keep the stuff around for years, in case of an audit. Why can't all this be digitized and automated? Who has the space for all this junk? My credit card receipts alone filled three large manila envelopes last year.

And I really don't want to look back through them!

-30-

No comments: