Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Winners



Whatever else happens in my "career," I always have lots of fans at home for what I do at work. These young three said that the brand new MyWire T-shirts were "cool," and they immediately put them on to prove it.

When your main, perhaps your only, role in life is to generate the resources that support your family, feeling supported in return is a pretty big deal. This might be an aspect of understanding those of us who are essentially cultural artifacts -- men who create resources on behalf of their families out of an inherited sense of responsibility -- that women of a certain age and type may wish to consider.



Luckily, in my case, I have budding artists to distract me from this otherwise depressing topic. There are few hints, and no labels, to interpret this particular piece, but I know it means something to its creator, Dylan...



Meanwhile, in the sports world, I am including a photo of the great Barry Bonds striking out in extra innings tonight after he tied the game in the bottom of the 8th with a laser shot into the Bay -- his 4th HR of this young season.

In case someone hasn't noticed, Scary Barry is back, now presumably sugar-free. And, as I write these words, the Giants have just won a 12-inning game over the defending World Series champions, thanks to Rich Aurelia, the guy who has returned to San Francisco and is batting in front of Bonds, just as he did in 2001.

In case you do not remember what happened that year, Aurelia (37) and Bonds (73) hit more home runs than any other two teammates in the history of baseball.

-30-

No comments: