Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday Night Leftovers




As a single man, with custody of three young children half of the time, I am typically alone three or four nights a week. Saturday night has always been one of those nights. Back when I was feeling bad about my situation, I used to feel sad when Saturday night rolled around, since I was still then captive to the American Myth that this is either a date night or a family night.

No way. Saturday night can also be the one completely quiet night in a week for a person such as me. No work tomorrow, no school lunches to make, no pressure, nothing at all but whatever I care to make of it, this special night of the American week.

The soundtrack for this particular Saturday night is Robert Johnson. I've been addicted to his music for a long time.

No comments: