Monday, October 22, 2007

Just Like a Virgin



Hi, this is Fred. I finally got a real name today. Who wants to be known as Humping Dog all his life? The boss took me on a trip today, from San Francisco to New York.



He booked our seats on Virgin America, the new airline based in San Francisco. The first thing I noticed is that whoever designed the interior of this company's planes must previously have worked for Apple, because the white plastic seat backs coupled with luxurious black leather seats in coach looked just like a Mac, or maybe an iPhone.



The people working for Virgin were all smiling; they actually seem to be excited by their jobs. A far cry from most other U.S. airline employees. So were the passengers -- smiling, that is.



All kinds of cool people were onboard, including VA CEO Fred Reid and Democratic Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich. I overheard Kucinich trying to convince Reid to get in touch with Richard Branson on his behalf.

Actually, they do share some important values, those guys.



I really enjoyed the views whenever Boss took me out of his computer bag.




Once here, I relaxed on a bed far bigger than I need, really. And even though I'm now named Fred (obviously out of respect for fred@virgin.com), I still had to wonder...since I am, after all, the Humping Dog, is that airliner I rode on today really still a virgin?

p.s. I'll never tell.


-30-

No comments: