Saturday, January 19, 2008

Life's Day, Death's Day



This weird vision appeared inside my flat. Is it a Dinosaur's shadow?



OMG, is the Dinosaur taking a piss?



My father, in his retired years, acquired a lathe and made candlesticks out of rare woods.



Sometimes, I like to set them out in front of me and try to reinterpret them in my language. My friend Ken would have understood. He loved my parents and they loved him.



When your young child has a sleepover, she inevitably suffers a sleep deprivation. We all know why. Too many giggles, too many whispers, too much excitement.



Then again, the morning sun can entice you to sleep off the previuos night's excitement.



When I think about my buddy Ken's final years, I think of fences and alleys, the back roads in this city where most of us fear to venture. I do not think Ken ever feared to go there, however.


He instinctively knew that nothing ever happens in the back alleys that isn't a reflection of life on the public stage.

-30-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful photo of Ken. Thank you for posting it. Did you take it?

David Weir said...

In the uncropped version, which I'll post later, or tomorrow, I am in the photo to Ken's right, so I'm not sure who took it...