Monday, April 21, 2008

Through New Eyes



This is a signed baseball card from Roger Craig, former pitcher and Giants manager and one of the fine people in Major League Baseball. It belongs to my son, Peter, who was given it as a gift from my friend, the late Ken Kelley, just at the point Peter was really getting into baseball, baseball cards, and all the attendant fantasies many young American boys share.

I include this tonight, because tomorrow or soon thereafter, our hometown newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, will finally publish a staff-written obituary about Ken's death, which occurred over three months ago.



Meanwhile, the me who is a photojournalist has a new, powerful tool tonight, courtesy of Junko and my oldest kids. It's a digital camera with far more functionality than I've ever had before.



So, you should expect far clearer and more interesting photos from me, from here on.

-30-

No comments: