Thursday, May 29, 2008

1-Boys Night In. 2- Home Alone.

So, last night around here was one of those relatively rare times when my two youngest sons and I spent the night alone. The whole mood of the place changes on these occasions, whether for better or worse I am not qualified to say.

We ordered pizza for dinner, and once their homework had been dispatched, it was all ESPN, video games, and treats from the corner store.




Speaking of the corner store, I recently looked at my change to discover a gem. A penny dated 1950!

This morning, we had a breakfast of sausages and hash browns. You get the idea.

***

Fast forward to tonight. After my eighth day in my new job, as editor in chief at Predictify.com, I'm back home, watching the Giants on TV and thinking about whether to warm up (1) leftover pizza or (2) leftover sausage and hash browns.

Now, our kitchen is a scary mess, even though it seems like I'm washing dishes 24-7, but the video games, TV monitors, chips and salsa all are maintaining their positions of appropriate prominence.

And I've just made up my mind. I'm going to heat up both options.

-30-

No comments: