Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Swimmer and the Jumper



At nine, she can swim lap after lap up and down the pool, something I never was able to do s a child or an adult. I hadn't seen her swimming seriously in a year or so, and I couldn't remember which swimming program she'd attended when little.

"None," she explained. "I taught myself."



We had Olympic swimmers in the Wishart line of our Scottish family. Maybe she's inherited some of that skill.



Meanwhile, her 12-year-old brother loves the water but in a different way. He likes to jump in, over and over and over.



He never really swims much, so they found the perfect way to play together. He'd push her, she'd go in and swim around. He'd jump in too.



Life can seem incredibly simple a times, when you're with your kids on a road trip.



A brother, a sister, a pool, some sunshine, a Dad with his camera, and enough time for all of those elements to come together.

-30-

No comments: