Sunday, February 01, 2009

Finding It

It's summer. It's hard to be gloomy, whatever your circumstances, in this weather. We haven't seen clouds all week. It's chilly at dawn but with the ever-longer hours of sunlight, we have lovely afternoons and evenings.

This Super Bowl Sunday, our windows and doors are open. The backyard is covered with a carpet of clover. "You could probably find a four-leaf clover out there," my sardonic wit of a 12-year-old told me the other day, as we gazed out at the clover. He was, naturally, referring to the fact that I need to look for work.

I'm gonna plant some basil.

I'm gonna self-publish an e-book based on ten pieces that appeared here last fall ("The 3 E's").

And I'm gonna watch The Boss at halftime today.

President Obama just gave a great interview on NBC; how refreshing to hear his intelligence and humor and commitment all expressed in such an unfettered, articulate manner.

We have a great leader at the very moment our country has sunk to its lowest point in my lifetime. That's the main reason I'm feeling hopeful about the future.

-30-

No comments: