Sunday, October 25, 2009

Climbing Toward 11



Birthday party day for my youngest daughter: She chose a rock-climbing venue.



The girls climbed up again and again; one of her brothers did also.



They're all getting so strong; her teammates from her soccer team, whether this was one of their first attempts or the latest of many, all did well.

These are the kids who had lost 19 straight games before winning last weekend 1-0, and tying yesterday 0-0. Like her big brother, my daughter plays defense, so she is part of this extended scoreless play against more experienced teams.

I guess I raise defenders, as opposed to defended people.

San Francisco turned extremely hot this weekend, which makes the cool evenings welcome. My writing has fallen off lately; I'll try to regain my rhythm this week. Writing depends on moods and enough private time.

Neither dependency has been optimal lately. Let's see if I can begin to provide better material in the days ahead.

-30-

No comments: