Saturday, October 24, 2009

Empty Nest

All of a sudden, it is quiet here.

After probably the most intense and active four weeks since I moved in here, with people coming, going, and staying, suddenly my place is silent.

A half moon shines over the city.

My friend and I ate dinner at one of the diviest of dive bars in these parts, the 150-year-old 7 Mile House way out on Old Bayshore.

Best burgers anywhere.

My soccer players did us well this week, winning four and tying one, outscoring their opponents collectively 17-2. That represents a lot of parental cheering over roughly seven hours.

I am exhausted.

The national battle over health care reform is tipping in the right direction. Obama continues to provide the only adult leadership in Washington. Not only the Republicans but the Democrats in Congress are corrupt and disgusting.

I doubt I will ever vote for anyone for Congress ever again. Only if a true leader, like Obama, should emerge from this district.

Pelosi? A joke.

Amidst these selfish little people, the President continues to stand tall.

But one other thing. In my laundry room, I have boxes of possessions so old that they read "U-Haul, Check your white pages under 'U-Haul'."

White pages? What the hell are those?

I really gotta clean up this place...

-30-

1 comment:

anjuli said...

Amazingly enough - I had some extra time on my hands today- I discovered your blog via another blog I follow...I've been backtracking to through the updates - will stop at this one for today.

I will add you to my 'blogs to follow' list- if you don't mind.

Your thoughts are enlightening- honest and refreshing. Keep on going on this memoir of yours- I'll keep backtracking :)