Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to Being the Unkillable Messenger

Back in my old familiar role of breaking a news story that shakes people up. (Follow link.)

You can always tell, in my business, when you've struck a nerve because most everybody gets mad at you.

The first line of offense they take is to allege that you are plum wrong. But I don't think I am wrong about this story.

The second line of defense they take is to protest that nothing is wrong, everything is fine.

In this case, I doubt everything is fine.

Finally, bureaucracies always try to protect themselves from independent analysis. Most laughable of all are other news organizations, that shall remain unnamed here, who repeat the lies of the guilty to attack those of us who shine a light in on the truth.

Such is the state of journalism circa 2010. Dig deper if this is too opaque for your taste...

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I read the story and the comments- and there is no doubt you have struck a nerve. As you said, it is always the case when you shine light on the truth.