Sunday, March 11, 2012

Living in the Moment

My boys laugh at my playlist, mainly how small it is, now I finally have an iPhone, but one of the few songs in there helped me a lot yesterday, as I was flying across the country.

I can't help myself. When I travel somewhere, it affects me. I see and feel the difference of the new place, or the old place, as it were.

It opens me up. All of a sudden I'm aware of wider possibilities, and open to them.

Coming back out here, during the long, six-hour boredom of the cross-country flight, I listened to that very small playlist, and what popped up was something from The Flaming Lips (thanks, J!) called, "All We Have is Now."

That was, and is helpful."

-30-

2 comments:

Anjuli said...

Not familiar with the song- but do know that certain songs and certain times can be very helpful.

TygeOD said...

I went to high school with David English, cousin of original Flaming Lip member Richard English. Back around '87 David loaned me a FL cassette tape--one of their first-- and I listened to it and wasn't very impressed. But wow, how the band has progressed over the years! "Do You Realize" and "Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell" (off the same album as "All We Have is Now") are two more great songs worth lending an ear.