Monday, June 04, 2012

Breakfast

This morning brought a rare treat -- seeing all three of my sons in the living room of this small flat laughing and joking. I cooked them a big breakfast, and then the oldest was off to his friend's wedding this afternoon in Tilden Park.

I took the younger two to their favorite video game store on Mission a bit later on. My youngest also came over; she and I tried to visit the adoption room at the SPCA near here, but they are closed on Mondays. That was a bummer, for her, because she is trying to convince me to adopt a cat.

As a parent, despite that setback, it was a good day.

I think I'll leave it at that. Nothing else good happened; in fact everything else was pretty much bad. But in the spirit of remaining hopeful, I'll stay tonight with the good stuff.

The sound of laughter, the smell of cinnamon toast, eggs and sausages, the taste of coffee and the sounds of a light rain outside this morning, the vision of three big and beautiful boys in my living room...well, it never gets any better than that.

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

you have made me smile- with such a great memory. Even though other things may have not been good- in fact, utterly bad, you chose to focus on the good. Thank you!