Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My New Book

Well, after 27 years, I've finally published my 4th book, earlier today. The link to 30 Startups to Know Now is on the right of this blog interface. This is, of course, my first ebook.

If it happens to sell, I'll get more opportunities to write ebooks. It's as simple as that.

The content is mainly reprints of my blog posts at 7x7.com the past 20 months, plus an introduction I wrote. So, as an oriiginal "book," it may be somewhat thin.

But I met with the young editor who chose the 30 posts to include in the book today, and told her she did a great job of stringing them together into a narrative of the tech boom sweeping the Bay Area, because she did.

If this one sells, we could easily issue a few more versions in the future.

Meanwhile, now I am an ebook author (!), I'm getting closer to writing the books that readers here, at this blog, have been urging me to write -- a memoir, a novel, and perhaps a book about being a soccer parent.

Finally, that this book came out on my grandson Leif's 3rd birthday is a very special thing to me. I hope that years from now, he finds out about that, and shares his grandfather's happiness on a day special to both of us...

-30-

No comments: