Saturday, June 13, 2015

Cooking For Those You Love




Here are images of the spaghetti I cooked for Dylan (19) today, after he got his buzz-cut; and a shot the Aidan and Dylan together on my block; and last night's chicken that I cooked for Aidan (20) after we got home from the game.  I am pretty sure nobody reads these posts any longer because that is what Google tells me. So I am writing only for myself, I suppose.

When I was a boy we were taught to thank our mothers for everything they did for us, including cooking meals.

As an old and frail man, I find still having the ability to cook for my kids is one of my greatest pleasures. I have to believe many generations of Moms feel as I do.

No need for thanks. It was my pleasure. I do not know how much longer I will be able to do it, but it would be fine with me if the last thing I did was to cook a meal for my family.

-30-

No comments: