Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Update

After I resolved my youngest daughter's cellphone issue, her 19-year-old brother and I had a late lunch at his favorite local Mexican restaurant, El Matate.

Before that, I was on the phone with the downtown Missoula Holiday Inn, where the manager said she would remove the $269.50 charge on my 20-year-old's debit card. It seems borderline corrupt that that charge ever appeared in the first place but I withheld that comment when on the phone with her assistant.

It turns out they demanded his debit card in case he and his GF accrued any additional charges while staying at the hotel. They did not -- he knew that the food there was too expensive so they avoided eating meals or purchasing anything there.

But for now there is no evidence that the hotel has removed the charge, so I am checking back frequently.

Capitalism! Whatever good there is to it, and there is much, the corruption it breeds saddens me and potentially harms all of us.

-30-

No comments: