Thursday, September 03, 2015

Navigating Change

I've always tried to be good at this kind of thing (change) but now, at this age, I am encountering problems. This neighborhood is facing cascading changes and many of them are affecting our family. Bougaloo's -- our long-time favorite place for brunch -- has closed. Couldn't afford the rent.

The Slow Club, next to KQED, has closed. Couldn't afford the rent.

Parking around here has become an ordeal.

I feel frightened, frankly, by change. I have no one here to help me adapt other than my dear youngest son, who does his best.

Last night be ordered us dinner from Spicy Bite, our favorite Indian restaurant, and we had a lovely dinner together.

I pray for a tech bust. So rents start to come down and the pressure gets off our neighborhood.

-30-

No comments: