Saturday, February 20, 2016

Under the Lights

Yesterday I got a disturbing message from my landlord, claiming she had not received my February rent, which I distinctly remember mailing as of the 1st of the month. I even remember which mailbox I used -- the main one on my way to work, at Bryant and 18th Streets.

When I got home last night I checked my online bank account and sure enough she had cashed and deposited that very check on Feb. 9th. The bank conveniently supplies a photographic copy of both the front and back of the check.

I emailed her that information but heard nothing back.

Any decent human being would have acknowledged her error! I wonder what the hell she was trying to do. Does she think I am so old and senile that I don't know who I pay when?

***

Just before 5 p.m. yesterday, three colleagues and I went into Studio A, under the lights, and were videotaped having a fake story conference. Except it wasn't fake; we really are investigating a particular "Officer-Involved-Shooting" here in the Mission a year ago.

The TV-friendly episode, however, was what is known as a design-school-thinking approach to developing new types of programming. So we were essentially acting, even though our discussion was also "real."

Once the engineers flip the tape and I can get a copy I will post it here. It might interest my many, many readers to see how I work and also how I look in a suit coat! Not to mention my three very smart and articulate young colleagues.

-30-

No comments: