Sunday, August 21, 2016

Reflections

You know, most people when they talk to me these years tend to compliment me on my career as a journalist, which is by any objective measure in its final years. And I thank them, because I *am* proud of the things we all have accomplished (as a team) and it is kind of them to have noticed. There are articles, books, documentaries and other artifacts to document what has happened due to our work. We've won awards, changed the world a bit, and hopefully helped lay the groundwork to improve life as we know it, even though I often doubt that, given the state of the planet.

But whatever has happened in my career is secondary and always has been because of what has occurred in my family life. Above please see my oldest son, Peter, his wife, Claire, and my daughters Laila, Sarah and Julia and sons, Aidan and Dylan.

As of today, it is official that Peter and Claire will be moving into an apartment 10 minutes from here in two weeks.

That means more to me than any journalism award.

-30-

No comments: