Sunday, April 15, 2018

Blogging

I'm suddenly feeling like writing more again and sharing my life with anyone who wants to share it with me.

Last night, on my actual birthday, Peter and Claire came by. We watched the Giants game and ordered Thai food. They are expecting their first child, a girl, in October.

Afterward, I searched my apartment and found a bunch of little girl clothes -- Julia's, of course. I will bundle them up for them.

When I moved in here, Julia was not yet five. The clothes I found include pajamas, shirts and dresses from those early years. I know she will be happy to see them on her new niece a few years from now.

Family is everything to me. Work matters too. I've been having a rough time at work lately but it also can be satisfying because I have so many relationships there. KQED is a good place for me. Lots of good and interesting people.

I've been growing my hair for almost two years now. It is long and white and down to my shoulders. I know it looks weird but I don't care. I think I am reverting to my hippie days in the 70s. Plus, at 71, I really don't care what anyone thinks of me any longer.

-30-

No comments: