Wednesday, May 02, 2018

The DMV

My driver's license expired last month, and the first appointment I could arrange to renew it was today. I took a cab over to Fell Street and the crowded facility with a long-time reputation for rude service and long delays.

A couple of hours later, I took a cab back to the office, with my provisional license in hand, or at least in pocket. I had passed the eye test, the written test and provided the necessary documentation to get a renewal. And the service was polite and professional. (Maybe it helps to be old with white hair?)

I can't tell you how stressful this was for me. Lots of standing and waiting, worrying about the tests and whether I had the right papers on me.

But all went well, and I met two nice cab drivers during the process.

-30-

No comments: