Sunday, October 20, 2019

Another Health Issue, etc.

I fear this has become little more than a medical journal when I'd wanted it to be so much more. For years I've had a small growth on the back of my left shoulder. My doctor said It was nothing to worry about -- it was pliable and not hard when he touched it.

In recent years it has grown somewhat and changed colors, including to red. I feel it more, whereas before I didn't feel anything there.

This weekend it has suddenly started hurting -- so much so I cannot lay on my left side. I can't sleep on my back for fear of aspiration and I've never slept on my stomach. So now there is only one position I can sleep in -- on my right side.

I'm a restless sleeper to begin with, so staying confined to one position is further disrupting my sleep. I was up before 5 and am facing another sleepy day. This saps my strength and endangers the progress I've made.

***

The thing that angers me about Presidential politics is when candidates make promises about things not in their control. Trump takes credit for U.S. economic growth but his actions have had nothing to do with that.

An aging population is removing many of us from the workforce. We are being replaced by younger, cheaper workers -- a good thing. As the jobless rate falls, wages slowly rise. When Americans have more money they spend more money.

What these early-stage career workers *should* be doing is saving money. That would not help exploitative politicians brag about their economic success, but it would help begin the process of building a self-sustaining retirement some day.

-30-

No comments: