Friday, October 25, 2019

Impeachment (Lack of) Drama

No matter how hard Democrats and the national media outlets try to frame the impeachment inquiry as dramatic, it simply is not. It's boring. As one with a natural interest in politics, and one tuned into CNN many hours a day, I'm not buying it.

I wish that I could. Being a retired journalist is, frankly, boring. I'd appreciate a better TV show.

Trump comes across as a disease-ridden combination of bully and victim. Hardly unique, of course. There are still lots of white people who, despite privileges they are barely cognizant of, feel they have been victimized by people of other colors.

That is pure bullshit.

Trump is a nightmare for America. He is, to date since 1776, America's worst nightmare.

But he was inevitable, given how our country is changing.

And he may well survive impeachment, given the state of partisan politics in this country, and win a second term the same way he won his first -- by stirring the pots of racist hatred in the South and Midwest.

If so, we are in big trouble.

But why should I care? I am 72, sickly, and very weak. I try to employ the methods of OT/PT every day, but the truth is I am a frail old man. Some days, I wake up expecting to die. Other days I still feel the fire to care.

Let's hope this is one of those lovely other days,


-30-

-30-

No comments: